Repairing vehicles

This advice applies to people carrying out repairs as part of a business, and not individuals repairing their own cars or bikes.

If you are being disturbed by a neighbour carrying out repairs, you should first have a chat with them, as they may not be aware they are disturbing you. If the problem continues and you believe an offence is occurring you can:

  1. If it is on a public highway, you can contact the local council, who can investigate and consider action under the Clean Neighbourhood and Environment Act 2015.
  2. If it is on land owned by Wandle and they are causing a persistent noise nuisance, please refer to our noise advice. It may be useful to record incidents on our diary sheets [docx] 60KB.