The internet has so many uses, from everyday things such as paying rent, shopping around for the best deals or applying for benefits, to fun, exciting ones like social media, meeting new people and re-connecting with old friends. We think that getting as many of our residents online as possible will make a huge difference to their lives.
Get online IT courses
We're offering group and one-to-one sessions for residents who lack the confidence and skills to use IT, or simply want a refresher to get online. Courses cover more than just how to use a computer - get digital skills needed to benefit from online job search tools, social media, the universal credit portal, and much more.
We Are Digital specialises in computer skills training, from the basics up, and can help even if you’ve never used a computer before. Since it was founded in 2010, the company’s tutors have helped thousands of people get to grips with using computers, giving them access to opportunities in a huge variety of areas.
Pass your skills on to the community as a Digital Champion
Wandle is building a network of Digital Champions to help others get online and there are loads of great reasons to get involved:
- Develop your own skills and knowledge about digital technology
- Get free online training on how to work with others and what you could teach them
- Be part of a community of Champions who help each other and share ideas
- Get rewards and awards – You’ll get a certificate for each Digital Champion course you complete – you can put it on your CV and show others what you’ve done. You can also get a free or discounted laptop or tablet
- Have fun and feel good - It’s very satisfying to know you’ve made a difference to someone else
You don’t need to be an IT expert to be a Digital Champion
You just need a bit of spare time, to enjoy being online, confidence about basic computer use, and – most of all – a willingness to help others. You’ll get free training to fine tune your skills so that you can help members of your community with IT basics:
- Teach someone to use Google
- Help someone set up an email account
- Show someone how to use resident services online
- Explain how easy shopping and banking online can be
- Set someone up on Skype
- Help someone research their family history or other hobby online
Affordable IT equipment
Residents who complete a Wandle course (such as volunteering, enterprise, digital champion or get online course) will be eligible for a 50% discount on any IT equipment available. All equipment is offered with a 12 month warranty.
For more information
Please contact Jesse McDonald, Community Investment Officer, on 0208 682 7444 or at email@example.com. You can also get in touch by filling out the form below.Get online with Wandle