Switching Energy Suppliers can save you up to £618 per year!
One of the best ways to save money on your energy bills is simply to switch suppliers. Suppliers are constantly competing with each other to win business, this means there are always good deals to be found! On this page you will find a number of handy hints and tips that will help you switch suppliers and find a good deal.
What do you need to know?
First things first, there are a number of things you should find out before trying to switch:
- Find out how much you are currently paying and approximately how much energy you use (suppliers are obliged to put this information in your bills and statements)
- Check to see if you will incur any penalties for cancelling with your current supplier (see the terms and conditions), this will often be the case if you are on a fixed term or fixed price contract
- Investigate the various tariffs on offer and work out which one would suit you and your circumstances
- Check out the service levels of the various suppliers, how are they at dealing with complaints? Do they publish their customer satisfaction ratings?
Check out where to get more switching info below
- Energy Helpline (0800 074 0745)
- Simply Switch (0800 011 1395)
- UKPower (0800 320 2000)
- uSwitch (0800 051 5493)
You can also use the following sites:
Healthy homes check-up
We know that fuel bills are rising and the worry this can cause. Healthy Homes is a FREE service available to all our residents who are worried about their utility bills, have concerns about their heating systems or who would like advice on staying warm for less.
We have teamed up with Thinking Works who will arrange a home visit and can provide:
- FREE carbon monoxide detector (CO alarm)
- FREE radiator reflector panels for 4 radiators*
- FREE water saving showerhead and other water saving devices*
- Specialist advice on lowering your heating bills whilst keeping warm
- Advice and referrals to My Money for debt and financial assistance
- Advice on health and wellbeing services in your borough
- Referrals for benefit checks
- Referrals for FREE smoke alarms
- FREE energy monitors to measure electricity use in your home
*Measures are installed subject to survey but wherever possible
Complete our form to register, and we'll get in touch about how to get started!