Your lease says we’re responsible for doing certain work to maintain the outside of your property and internal shared areas. We call this ‘cyclical maintenance’.
The work is mainly external decoration and internal decoration of shared areas, and associated minor repairs.
This may include:
- painting the walls of shared stairways
- replacing flooring in shared areas
- repointing the brickwork on the outside of the building
- repairing and replacing faulty gutters and rainwater pipes
- painting outside windows and doors
- repairing faulty roofing, and
- repairing faulty boundary fences.
From time to time we’ll repair or replace parts of the building that are nearing the end of their lives. We call this ‘planned maintenance’.
When the work is due we’ll:
- instruct a surveying firm to inspect your property
- list the work needed
- get tenders or estimates for the work and supervise the contractors.
We’ll pick contractors from our approved list. You can recommend contractors to us. We may include them on the tender list if they have suitable insurance and financial references. We normally pick three or four contractors to tender. We’ll let you know the results of the tenders and we ask for your views before we go ahead.