We are currently recruiting residents to join our scrutiny panel - to join complete our application form (click here)
We are also recruiting Mystery shoppers. To join, complete this application form (click here)
Being part of a a scrutiny panel will involve you working alongside other Wandle customers to review services, policies and procedures, inspect how Wandle is performing in key service areas such as complaints or repairs and giving us some feedback and recommendations on how we can improve services. It is a great way to influence the delivery of services across Wandle, within a short period of time.
Dates: periodical and short term (no more than three months)
Location: varies (online and visits to Wandle’s Head Office)
What you will be doing
- Reviewing services that are a priority for customers. E.g.; Complaints, repairs, anti-social behaviour
- Influencing decisions on how we deliver services to customers by looking at our policies, strategies, service offers, performance data and our legal and regulatory requirements as a housing provider.
- Looking at information on our website and coming into our office to speak with staff members, or carry out observations, look at our internal systems and how we work internally.
- Working with other customers in the panel to develop a report with key recommendations from your findings
- Presenting the findings from your report, to Board members of Wandle and developing a service improvement plan for Wandle to carry out and report on some or all of the actions from your recommendations.
Skills and knowledge development
- Introduction to Housing & Scrutiny and other areas, to meet your needs.
- Communication and Decision-Making
- Negotiation & Persuasion
- Influencing Others
- Planning and Organisational skills
- Report Writing
- Gain experience on working with staff members to improve services, taking part in regular meetings, presenting reports at Board meetings, mystery shopping, shadowing staff members, analysing and reporting on information to form a conclusion, monitoring and reviewing action plans from key recommendations.
- Travel reimbursements
- Develop new skills and experience
- Meet and work with new customers and Wandle members of staff
What to do next
If you would like to be part of a service improvement panel, please complete the Get Involved Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch soon. More information on our Resident Scrutiny Panel can be found in our Resident Scrutiny Induction Pack and our guide to Mystery Shopping.