Together with Tenants
Together with Tenants is a sector-wide initiative focused on strengthening the relationship between residents and housing association landlords.
Together with Tenants embodies all the great work happening across the sector to create positive relationships with residents. But it also challenges us as a housing association to go further – presenting an opportunity for housing associations to take the lead in accountability and resident oversight.
We are one of 130 organisations working with our residents to introduce a four-point plan that sets out what residents can and should expect from their landlord. We are committed to the Together with Tenants Charter and its six commitments:
- Relationships: We will treat all residents with respect in all their interactions. Relationships between residents and housing associations will be based on openness, honesty, and transparency.
- Communication: Residents will receive clear, accessible, and timely information from us on the issues that matter to them, including important information about their homes and local community, how we are working to address problems, Wandle is run, and information about performance on key issues.
- Voice and influence: We will seek and value the views of residents and will use this information to inform decisions. Every individual resident will feel listened to on the issues that matter to them and they can speak without fear.
- Accountability: Collectively, residents will work in partnership with us to independently scrutinise and hold us to account for the decisions that affect the quality of their homes and services.
- Quality: Residents can expect their homes to be good quality, well maintained, safe and properly managed.
- When things go wrong: Residents will have simple and accessible routes for raising issues, making complaints and seeking redress. Residents will receive timely advice and support when things go wrong.
Tracey Lees, Chief Executive of Wandle said, “By signing up to the Together with Tenants charter, we are committed to embedding a culture that values the voices and experiences of residents and strengthens the relationship we have with them.”
If you’d like to read more information about the Together with Tenants Charter, you can read it on the National Housing Federation website.
If you haveany questions, please get in touch by calling 0300 2000 120, or emailing us at email@example.com.