Our Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) team recently helped saved Christmas for Wandle residents who unfortunately experienced a gas leak in their block.
After the gas leak was discovered, our M&E team were contacted by the gas supplier to inform us the properties would be disconnected, leaving our residents without hot water or heating. Our M&E team worked alongside our contractors K&T to ensure our residents’ gas supply was connected as soon as possible.
Thankfully our residents’ gas was connected within two days, but due a complex issue this was not possible for one property. Initially it was predicted the repairs could take up to two weeks to resolve the problem, but our M&E team worked tirelessly with our contractor K&T to ensure a fast solution. By working together alongside the gas supplier, our tenant was connected within a matter of days instead of weeks.
Our tenant was relieved their Christmas plans would not be disrupted and said, ‘I can’t thank you enough. You have been wonderful and just saying thank you doesn’t seem to be enough’.
Know what to do in an emergency
Act fast! It’s crucial that you act fast in a gas emergency by carrying out the following steps. If you smell gas at your property, you must open all doors and windows to help ventilation, turn off the gas emergency valve control, leave the property and immediately call National Emergency Gas on 0800 111 999.
Make sure you follow all the advice given to you by the emergency adviser and wait outside for the engineer to arrive. You must not use any electrical switches, smoke or naked flames near your home.