Keeping your building secure              

We have noticed an increase in complaints about people taking drugs in the communal areas of our blocks.

This is a criminal offence and if you witness this kind of activity, it should be reported to the Police immediately. You must also let them know if you are concerned for your safety.

Once you have reported it to the Police, please contact us with the incident report number. Please let us know if there is any drug paraphernalia and we will dispose of it safely and securely – do not do this yourself.

There are a few ways we can support you in stopping people who are committing these offences entering your building.

  • Always make sure the front door is closed behind you. It sounds obvious but taking a few moments to double check will stop opportunists entering your building. Also, be mindful of anyone following you into the building. This is known as tailgating when someone closely follows you into a space they are not authorised to enter.
  • Don’t open the door to anyone you don’t know. If someone buzzes your entry phone and tell you they have a delivery for another property, don’t let them in. If someone says they are from Wandle, you have the right to ask to see identification.
  • If you notice that there isn’t a no smoking sign in your block, please contact us with ‘no smoking sign and your address’ in the subject line and we will resolve this.

We appreciate that you won’t know everyone who lives in your block, and visitors will be coming and going. However, these small steps will go a long way in reducing illegal activity which will make your homes feel more safe and secure.