Home contents insurance   

Do I need home contents insurance? 

Our insurance doesn’t cover your home contents such as your furniture, decorations, carpets, and other personal possessions. You are responsible for taking out your own home contents insurance 

You need to insure your home contents, including any appliances we gave you when you moved in, like fridge or cooker, and all your personal belongings. 

 The National Housing Federation offers ‘My Home contents insurance’, an independent, affordable home contents insurance cover specifically designed for social housing tenants and leaseholders that can be paid in fortnightly or monthly instalments. 

You can find out more about My Home by going to www.thistlemyhome.co.uk or calling 0345 450 7288. 

The National Housing Federation is an Appointed Representative of Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.