Now more than ever, it is important to start recycling at home. Once you know what you are doing, it is easy to get started. Follow the steps below and start recycling today.
- Familiarise yourself with what you can recycle at home. There is a brilliant Recycling Locator Tool on the Recycle Now website.
- Do you have the right bins? If you are missing one, contact your local authority to order one.
- Know your dates! Mark the various dates in your calendar so you don’t miss any collections.
- Store your recycling in a convenient place that doesn’t obstruct access to your property. Don’t forget recyclables from your bathroom and other rooms at home.
- Encourage your family or flatmates to play their part in recycling.
Taking the time to learn about what you can and cannot recycle means you are playing an important role in looking after our beautiful planet.