- Asda Café – Kids eat for £1 with no adult minimum spend in family-friendly Asda Cafes.
- Bella Italia – Kids eat for £1 with every adult main meal between 4pm and 6pm.
- Bill’s restaurants – Up to two kids can eat free when one adult orders any main dish.
- Bodean’s BBQ Smokehouses – Kids eat free for every adult meal purchased.
- Hungry Horse – Every Monday at the Hungry Horse, there are selected kids’ meals for £1 and larger meals for £1.50.
- Morrisons Café – Kids aged under 16 eat for free at any Morrisons café when an adult spends £4.99 or more on a meal.
- Pausa Café at Dunelm – Kids can get one free main meal, plus two snacks and a drink for every £4 spent by an adult at the café.
- The Real Greek – You can get a free kids meal for under 12s for every £10 spent on an adult meal.
- Sainsbury’s Cafes – One kid’s meal or lunch bag for £1 with any adult main meal purchased over £5.20.
- Westfield restaurants and cafes – Nearly 30 restaurants at Westfield London and Stratford City are offering free kids’ meals this half term, including Las Iguanas, Franco Manca and Big Easy, plus many more.
- Yo Sushi! – Kids under 10 eat free for every £10 spent on food by the accompanying adult.
Finding one family their forever home
Wandle’s New Homes pilot supports residents to downsize into a new home that is more affordable and comfortable to manage.
We recently supported a family who have been Wandle residents for over 35 years and were looking to downsize into a smaller property that would become their forever home.
Mr and Mrs H*, along with their son, had been living in their home in Balham for a considerate length of time and in turn, had outgrown their home.
Our wonderful Project Liaison Officer, Ange Lewis, worked with the family to find them a new home and found them a lovely two-bed flat in Battersea with a beautiful garden.
At Wandle, we believe it is important our residents think of their new homes as an extension of themselves; therefore, they make the decisions about how their new homes’ will look and feel. The H* family decided how each room should be decorated and worked with our amazing contractors to choose their preferred kitchen and bathroom to suit their personal style.
Mrs H* thanked everyone who was involved at Wandle, who made their move possible. She wanted to personally thank their Liaison Officer, Angie Lewis, who guided them throughout the process and answered any questions they had. As well as our outstanding contractors who worked tirelessly to make their new house their forever home.
Mrs H* said: “The work done by our contractor Dan and his team was outstanding! The flat and garden are lovely. It’s a new start and our last move! Once again thank you!”.
Making a house a home
JD* is a single mother to a 15-year-old son, who had recently signed a new tenancy with Wandle. Due to JD’s long-term health condition, she was unable to work and was struggling to purchase the essentials for her new home.
JD was informed of the Helping Hand Fund by our housing team and applied for financial support. Due to the urgency of JD’s case, our resident support team fast-tracked her application and she was awarded £1,000 in Argos vouchers. With the funds JD was awarded, this meant she was able to purchase white goods, rugs, bedding, and other household necessities to turn her new house into a home.
JD was extremely thankful for the help she’d received from Wandle and said, “I am so grateful for your help. It’s a big help for me and my son. Thank you so much!”.
Shortly after JD and her son had moved in, our Resident Support Officer Suzana Karakashi contacted them to see how they were doing.
JD was very appreciative of the resident support team and advised she had since purchased a new washing machine, cooker and fridge freezer from the fund. Both JD and her son thanked Wandle for our support, advising they were both very happy and were settling into their new home.
Information about the Helping Hand Fund
The Helping Hand Fund is available to all Wandle residents who are financially struggling. It aims to support residents by providing vouchers for food and other household items from supermarkets, furniture, carpets, washing machines, essential white goods, and even technology as internet access is now essential for Universal Credit and other online services. Please note that the fund is not to be used to cover your rent.
Applications for the Helping Hand Fund are now open. You can apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
K&T Apprenticeship Open Day – 13 May 2023
K&T are looking to recruit new apprentices in gas, electrical, plumbing and business administration roles to start in September/October 2023. They are holding an open day on Saturday 13th May 2023 between 9am-1pm. To book a place and for further details, please email K&T at email@example.com.