How to complain

How we make it right

Making a complaint

At Wandle we aspire to provide excellent services you can trust. When something goes wrong we aim to find out why and put it right as quickly as possible. We respond positively to complaints because the feedback we receive helps improve our services for all customers.

Who can make a complaint?

Anyone using or directly affected by our services can make a complaint. This includes tenants, users of support services, leaseholders and people applying to use our services. We will also accept complaints made by people acting on behalf of a customer with their written authorisation.

How do I make a complaint?

You can make a complaint online by email (by emailing, phone, letter, or in person. To help us resolve your concerns quickly, we will need you to tell us what went wrong, how you were affected, and how we can put things right.

We can often resolve the problem straight away, but if we can’t, we will log your concerns as a complaint.

If you would like to use the new MyWandle to report and track your complaint, please let our Customer Services team know and they will send you a registration link.

If you are reporting a problem for the first time, such as a new repair issue, we may record this as a service request rather than a complaint. If we have an alternative process more appropriate for responding to the issue you raise, we may apply that process rather than logging your concerns as a complaint. If that happens we will provide you with full details of the alternative process.


Wandle recognises that, in some circumstances, our customers have a statutory right to compensation. In other cases a discretionary payment or other benefit may be appropriate in recognition of a service failure. Compensation requests will be considered through our complaint process or referred to our insurer depending on the nature of the claim.

Can I ask for a review?

To ensure that our process is fair you have the right to request a review if you are not satisfied with our response. If at the end of our complaint process we have not been able to provide the outcome you were seeking and you remain dissatisfied with our response you may have the right to ask for the matter to be independently reviewed.

A ‘designated person’ (your MP, a local Councillor or a designated tenant panel) can consider your concerns and suggest ways of resolving the matter.

You may also have the right to ask the Housing Ombudsman Service to consider your concerns. You can contact the Housing Ombudsman Service on 0300 111 3000. However, the Ombudsman will usually only investigate your complaint if it has been referred by a designated person or 8 weeks has passed since you received our final response. The Ombudsman can only consider complaints about Wandle that are made by, or on the behalf of, people that have a tenant landlord legal relationship with us. This usually includes anyone that holds a tenancy, lease, licence agreement or other agreement to occupy a home that we own or manage.

For further information about our complaints process please contact us.

Wandle Chat Assistant