Report a Repair


For repairs to your gas central heating

Call K&T Heating on 0800 092 2420 or 0208 269 4500 from a mobile.

Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

For all other repairs

Please call our repairs service on: 0300 2000 120

We are open Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm
For emergency repairs outside of these hours please call our repair line and your call will be diverted to our out of hours call centre who will be able to assist you.

Recent Repairs Policy update

Please note that our revised Responsive Repairs Policy was passed by the Board on in September 2021.

The Responsive Repairs Policy is adjusted to a new format, so the numbering of policy statements has changed, and updates have been made to reflect the current standards and expectations.

Notable changes to the policy include:

  • The removal of specified 3-hourly slots for appointments,
    • We are piloting new appointment time options – 8am – 1pm, 12pm – 6pm and 10am – 2pm. We will be reviewing this in 3-months time to evaluate the impact of these adjusted options, and whether they are better for residents.
  • Clearer definitions of Emergency, Urgent and Appointed prioritisation

A commitment to inspect 20% of major works, and 5% of routine works, after completion

Before you report a repair

You can view our full, detailed repairs policy here: Responsive Repairs Policy 2021 - 2023

  • Check whether the work you want is a repair you are responsible for (see below)
  • If you order a repair for damage caused by you, or someone staying with you, we will charge you for the work plus costs for arranging the repair
  • If you need a repair for something that's been damaged by crime e.g. a break in or vandalism, you must report the crime to the police and get a crime number.
  • If you need a repair because the police or fire service have broken into your home in an emergency, we may charge you based on how the emergency started
  • If you are living in a newly built property please read any instruction manuals that were provided when you signed your tenancy.

We may not be responsible for the repair if you’re a homeowner. You can find out what our repair responsibilities are below

What you need to tell us when you report a repair

  • Your name
  • Your address
  • The type of property – house or flat
  • Your day time contact number
  • Your day time email address
  • When will someone be at home for the work to be undertaken (Monday to Friday)

What we do when you report a repair

  • Record the details and give you an order number for future reference
  • Arrange for the work to be done at a time that suits you
  • Send you a text message confirming the details of the appointment
  • We may also call you to find out if you are satisfied with our repairs service

Repairs we are responsible for

We may not be responsible for the repair if you’re a homeowner. If you own your home, you can find out what our repair responsibilities are here.

  • Drains, gutters and downpipes
  • Roofs, walls floors and ceilings
  • Plasterwork and skirting boards
  • Windows, but not glazing, window frames, windowsills, catches and cords
  • Baths, basins, sinks, toilets, cisterns and waste pipes - but not blockages
  • Electrical wiring including sockets, switches, main fuses and circuit breakers but not light bulbs,fuses, starters for your household appliances
  • Gas pipes, gas equipment supplied by us, but not gas cookers
  • Water pipes, tanks, taps and control valves
  • Kitchen units and worktops
  • Chimney stacks and flues
  • Pathways, steps and other means of access
  • Garages and stores that are not built in to your home
  • Boundary walls
  • Communal halls, lifts and other communal areas
  • External decoration
  • Internal decoration only when we need to make good after doing a repair in your home
  • New glass in windows and doors in communal areas
  • Rats, mice and cockroaches in communal areas and where infestations are reported in more than one neighbouring property or they are caused by a failure of Wandle to meet its repairs and maintenance obligations.

Repairs you are responsible for

  • Replacing door locks when you have lost your keys
  • New plugs and chains for baths, basins or sinks
  • Clearing blockages to baths, sinks or basins
  • Replacing glass in doors and windows, unless it is damaged through fair wear and tear
  • Light bulbs, tubes or strip lights, starters and fuses
  • Plug tops to appliances, including fuses
  • Loss of power due to a faulty appliance or bulb blowing
  • Hat and coat hooks
  • Pelmets and curtain fittings
  • Internal decoration
  • Adapting doors to fit carpets
  • Moving kitchen units to fit large appliances such as cookers or freezers
  • Leaking pipes and connections that go to your washing machine or dishwasher
  • TV aerials, except communal TV aerials
  • Replacing broken toilet seats
  • Your own possessions e.g. carpets and furniture. You should insure your possessions with home contents insurance
  • Damage to your home contents from water getting in. You should protect what's in your home with home contents insurance
  • Connecting and plumbing in your washing machine, tumble drier,dishwasher, or cooker.
  • Infestations of insects
If you find it difficult to fulfill your repair responsibilities due to age, illness, disability, we may still be able to help you. If this is the case, please contact us.
Wandle Chat Assistant